My Travel Philosophy

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Rear Window

My hotel room is really quite small and the a/c doesn't work.  There is a huge window, though, that opens onto a rooftop area and I love keeping the windows open while I'm in the room.  Initially I was a bit nervous about having them open while sleeping, but it would be quite difficult if not impossible for anyone to climb in so I'm loving it.  Great way to dry my laundry and to get a lovely breeze.

This evening, I'm reminded of Alfred Hitchcock's 'Rear Window'.  I can't see anyone else (and they can't see me unless we all poke our heads out the windows, but I can hear:
  • someone playing (practicing?) the piano
  • children playing
  • adults in conversation
  • the clinking of cutlery and china
  • an occasional 2-tone siren of the police
  • the bells from the local church

No comments:

Post a Comment