|Passport control at CDG|
|Beautiful first day in Paris|
This ended up being a long day. Because I got to the hotel early, of course the room wasn't ready so I left my bag and went out to catch the tour bus. I ended up staying on and just riding around as it was such a nice day (77 and sunny) and I was really too tired to do a lot of walking. However, I did get off at the Eiffel Tower to get something to eat, and again at Notre Dame to look around.
I can't say this enough: Paris is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen!
Today's highlights (and lowlights):
- Figured out the metro pretty quickly. Being in DC with Ian a month ago gave me some practice on the subway.
- People here are hygiene-challenged.
- The lines to get into Notre Dame stretched all the way to the other side of the square. Maybe tomorrow.
- Streets of Paris jut in all directions like the spokes of a wheel.
- Took me forever to find my hotel.
- There's a Starbucks just a few blocks from my hotel. Yay!
- No diet Coke here - just Coke Light and Coke Zero. Really expensive at a cafe or restaurant.
- Had a Parisien hot dog -- it's a really long hot dog stuck into a baguette.
- My hotel room is about the size of our guest room at home -- maybe a bit smaller even.
Hot dog - Paris style My little hotel room