My Travel Philosophy

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Goodbye to Rothenburg -- and to the rain!

My comfy bed at The Golden Rose
One more image of this beautiful city
Happy to say that I slept really well last night. Thought the bed would be like the one in Frankfurt (looked just like it), but the mattress was softer and I had the big squishy pillow that was amazing! I'm also in love with these duvet/feather bed things that you sleep under rather than sheets and blankets. Had to unlock my bedroom and bathroom doors in the night but it wasn't so bad. The wifi from the main hotel doesn't reach the guest cottage so I wasn't tempted to stay up late.

Once again, I'm seriously impressed with the water everywhere I go in Europe. It tastes really good so I can keep my bottle filled, which is a good things since I'm really thirsty all the time!

Breakfast this morning at the hotel (European style) and a visit to the Crime Museum. Taxi was prompt and picked me up for delivery to the bus to continue on with the journey. I loved this little town and would come back here in a heartbeat!


Two floors of authentic items of torture
Not a very comfy chair

No comments:

Post a Comment