My Travel Philosophy

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Little Catch-up

Musee d'Orsay from the Seine
I really collapsed early last night; I think I was asleep by 8:30 and slept about 11 hours.  But -- yesterday:

I went to the Musee d'Orsay, which I really liked. From the hotel, it's a pretty easy walk through the Tuilleries, past the Arc du Carousel and the Louvre, along the Seine and across the bridge. Wonderful collection of Impressionist art and a great view of Sacre Coeur at Montmarte from the cafe inside the museum. Since I won't be visiting Montmarte, it was nice to be able to see it and get a pretty great pic.

After the museum, I rode a Batobus and took a tour down the Seine. I planned to come back in the evening and take the night tour so I could see everything lit up, but I was pretty worn out (taking Jeff's codeine pills for the pain in my leg might be the cause of sleeping so much) and I wasn't entirely confident of being safe at night.  
Fresh grapes, camembert, & French wine

So, I decided to stay in, listen to some music, do a little laundry and enjoy my delicious snack.  Note:  the cheese is the most lovely Camembert!
Sacre Coeur







No comments:

Post a Comment