My Travel Philosophy

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Heading to our 50th State!

[Transferred from different blog]

I've done a lot of traveling over the years -- a lot with my job and a lot for pleasure.  I've visited almost all 50 states but I'm currently missing 5:  North Dakota, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Alaska.  [Sidebar:  there are a lot of states that I visited while on business that need another look because I saw nothing!]

Next year, I'll be adding the toughest one of the bunch:  Alaska!  Yep, Mom and I are going to go on a cruise from Seattle up to Alaska.  We're going in August -- on Mom's birthday, as a matter of fact -- and we're just starting the planning process so I'll be documenting the process right here as the research is undertaken and decisions are made.

This is the basic information:

7-day cruise on August 21, 2012 on the Carnival Spirit out of Seattle. 

2 comments:

Stacy said...
I would go back to Alaska in a heartbeat. That's awesome!

By the way...I have an aunt in Rhode Island who lives near the beach, and it's on my bucket list to hit that New England area in fall. So I'm just saying...hint, hint. Nudge, nudge.
Vicki said...
I'm in!! Any birding things we can see?

No comments:

Post a Comment