My Travel Philosophy

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cruise Update (already)!

Almost immediately upon booking that Caribbean cruise, I realized that it goes right over the top of Ian's birthday and encompasses the weekends before and after his birthday.  Then, Stacy mentioned that her book launch party will be the weekend of her birthday -- which is when we were scheduled to leave.  So, that was too much stuff to miss (don't know what I was thinking when I picked that week!).  I called and we were able to pick up the whole reservation and move it to January 21.  It was $100 more each (probably because it's a bit later in the month and the weather is going to be so much nicer), so that wasn't too bad and I'm really glad that it was possible to change it.  Fortunately, I hadn't booked any flights yet or it would have gotten really messy.

Going a bit later in January will make it a lot nicer for swimming and/or snorkeling or whatever we decide to do on shore excursions.  I did a little looking online last night at what's available for shore excursions and found the usual beach/snorkeling things, but also a run through the jungle on 4-wheelers which might be kind of fun.  I don't think we're necessarily interested in swimming with dolphins or anything like that.  I saw one excursion that was a High Tea one afternoon, but I'm guessing that wouldn't be high on Jeff's list.  At any rate, we should have warm weather for whatever we decide to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment