My Travel Philosophy

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Back to Europe in 2014

Neuschwanstein Castle - Bavaria, Germany
I'm so far behind on my posting, but I need to add one more as I've begun doing planning for a trip to Europe this Fall.  Have absolutely no itinerary set yet, but I'm thinking the Saturday after Labor Day (September 6) for maybe 4 weeks.  Right now I'm trying to decide if I fly open-jaw (in one city and out another) with the idea of maybe coming into Dublin or Rome and going out the other with lots of travel in between, or whether it should be round-trip with lots of travel in between.

Definitely packing one carry-on bag only and planning to go to lots of different cities by train.  I think I can plan day tours in each city to maximize my time in each place, but plan to stay at least 2 nights in each place so I can get some rest along the way.

Doing a lot of reading right now but I'm getting pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment